YOU CAN BE SATISFIED WITH FEW CALORIES
Going on high protein diet can help you control your hunger therefore facilitate a weight reduction,
Daily protein requirements are:
- 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man.
- 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.
By replacing carbs(rice, eba, amala,wheat,yam etc) and fat (palm oil,butter, etc) with protein (beans,eggs,fish etc) you reduce the hunger hormone and boost several satiety hormones. With this your craving for food will be drastically reduced.
A higher protein intake actually increases levels of the satiety (appetite-reducing) hormone.
High protein meal reduces appetite and makes you eat fewer calories.
I can remember the practice while studying in the university.
My colleagues and I would eat large portions of beans before going for lectures. We would never be hungry until in the evening when we came from lectures.
CHECK OUT THESE MEALS AND THEIR PROTEIN CONTENTS
- Two tablespoons of peanut(groundnut) butter will give you about 8 grams of protein.
I have tried peanut butter on my bread, it is very yummy. You can sometimes substitute your margarine or butter for peanut butter. Taking just two spoonfuls will give you 8g of protein.
- A cup of shrimp has 40.01g protein.
- An average size Egg contains approximately 6.3g of protein.
- One 56.7g serving of cheese 7g of protein.
- one cup of whole milk 8 g of protein
- I cup of Cooked soybeans contains about 28.62g of protein.
- A cup of Nigeria beans contains 14.6g of protein.